Yes. A minimum of $100 is required per plan (including Independence and Patriot Plans). Liberty Plans have fixed amounts assigned to them. However, additional Bonus Funds are not required if a second Patriot Plan is purchased within the same semester. 

Note: The average student selects $300 of Bonus Funds.

Rollover funds from Bonus Funds and Freedom Plans from the fall semester will be available for spring semester. However, they do not roll over from spring to fall semesters. Roll over Bonus Funds are non-refundable. 

The university feels that the Independence Plans are instrumental in acclimating freshmen and sophomores to campus life. Not only will it enhance community living, but it will also ensure healthy dining choices are available at every meal.

Yes, graduate students living in areas without full kitchens are required to select one of the Liberty or Independence Plans.

Liberty Square | Northern Neck | Potomac Heights | Rogers | Townhouses

The Mason Dining Registered Dietitian is a free resource for all students. Students may meet with the dietitian to help navigate the dining venues on campus based on specific dietary needs.

If for any reason you need accommodations to your meal plan please complete the Meal Plan Accommodation Form and return it to the Mason Card Office.
Not feeling well? No problem! You can still get meals from our dining halls by filling out the Sick Meal Request Form.